14. Specialized Needs Annexes¶
Ada 95, Ada 2005, and Ada 2012 define a number of Specialized Needs Annexes, which are not required in all implementations. However, as described in this chapter, GNAT implements all of these annexes:
- Systems Programming (Annex C)
The Systems Programming Annex is fully implemented.
- Real-Time Systems (Annex D)
The Real-Time Systems Annex is fully implemented.
- Distributed Systems (Annex E)
Stub generation is fully implemented in the GNAT compiler. In addition, a complete compatible PCS is available as part of the GLADE system, a separate product. When the two products are used in conjunction, this annex is fully implemented.
- Information Systems (Annex F)
The Information Systems annex is fully implemented.
- Numerics (Annex G)
The Numerics Annex is fully implemented.
- Safety and Security / High-Integrity Systems (Annex H)
The Safety and Security Annex (termed the High-Integrity Systems Annex in Ada 2005) is fully implemented.